S. Darlene Blackburn
11207 Lemon Orchard Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89135
(702) 497-3798 – Cellular
Gallagher Bassett, January 2015 – Present
Senior Construction Claims Analyst, facilitating developer claims on behalf of Pulte Homes.
Van Kirk & Blackburn Consulting, January 2006 – December 2014
Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Washington
Partner and Independent Claim Consultant, providing consulting services to insurance carriers and other entities, to include investigation, attending mediations, MSCs, trials and other appearances as requested.
Hartford Insurance Group April 2005 – January 2006
Home Office - Las Vegas, NV
- Handled and managed high exposure claims and complex coverage issues as a remote adjuster
- Completed full investigations including compiling matrixes with scope of work, repair work, allegations, homeowner and time-on-risk using excel.
- Attended Mediations and MSCs and successfully negotiated complex matters to resolution.
West Coast Casualty Service, Inc. January 2001-November 2004
Agoura Hills, Ca and Las Vegas, NV
- Promoted from Claims Adjuster to Branch Manager within a two-year period.
- Handled and managed high exposure claims and complex coverage issues as a TPA for Carriers and Insureds with self-insured retentions.
- Completed full investigations including recorded statements, document depository reviews, site inspections, etc…
- Compiled homeowner and time-on-risk matrices.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with extensive mediation experience resulting in successful resolution of claims, avoiding costly litigation.
- Interfaced with co-carriers, agents and clients to create positive relationships.
- Participated in Task Force Meetings discussing Nevada’s Chapter 40 Statute.
Crusader Insurance Company November 1992-January 2001
Woodland Hills, CA
- Promoted within the claims department from property adjuster to liability adjuster and finally to the construction defect unit.
- Handled all claims involving construction defect claims for the last year and a half of employment with Crusader.
- After leaving Crusader, returned as a consultant to train personnel in Construction Defect Claims Handling.
Connell Computer Service - Owner October 1981 – April 1986
- Founded and developed Accounting data entry business with five employees.
- Contract employee for Moultrie Accountancy Group working with such clients as Prince, Ray Parker Jr., DeBarge, and Jackson Five.
- Contract employee for Steven Pines Accountancy working with such clients as James Caan and John Snyder.
- The business was sold in April 1986
AIC, Property & Casualty License in Nevada – CA DOI Certified